Pretty Pumpkin Shaker Card
A Pretty Pumpkin Shaker Card is a shiny way to celebrate the turning of the seasons. You’ll find the easy tutorial here!
Fall is such a wonderful time of year, so let’s celebrate it with a shaker card.
This pumpkin patch is pretty, detailed, AND glittery!
And don’t be intimidated with shaker cards — they aren’t too scary! With the right foam adhesives and careful placement, you will be shaking some glitter in no time!
If you like this stamp set as much as I do, consider joining my on-line class making 3 cards and a project with this set! Click here to see the class details.
See below for how to create a Pretty Pumpkin Shaker Card:
How to make a Pretty Pumpkin Shaker Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Old Olive
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4”
- Scrap for sentiment
- Crumb Cake
- 4” x 5 1/4”
- Scrap for pumpkins
- Pumpkin Pie: 2” x 3”
- Early Espresso: 1” x 4” strip
- Window Sheet: 2” x 3”
- With Early Espresso ink, stamp the vines along the bottom of the crumb cake layer, and the pumpkin trio on the scrap. Color each using the Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Blends markers. Die-cut the trio and set aside.
- Also with Early Espresso ink, stamp your sentiment on the scrap, and die-cut out. Glue this to your brown strip, and glue that to the top of your layer.
- Die cut the detailed pumpkin from the left side of your crumb cake layer AND an additional one from your orange paper. Discard the crumb cake detailed pumpkin (ok, I mean save it for later).
- Glue the window sheet to the back of your crumb cake layer. Then glue the orange detailed pumpkin to the front of the window — it should fit directly into the hole.
- Then attach the pumpkin trio to the front towards the right.
Finish the Shaker!:
- On the back of your crumb cake layer, surround the hole with the foam strips. Ensure there are no open spaces. Add a few strips on each of the sides, too.
- Lastly, pour a small pile of glitter where your pumpkin will be. Carefully stick your crumb cake layer down.
- Shake shake shake!
Supplies for a Pumpkin Shaker Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed making a shaker card worthy of a pumpkin patch! If you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
Love shaker cards as much as I do? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!