Repeated Spoon Background Card
This Repeated Spoon Background Card is what’s cookin! The spoon image is stamped repeatedly in the background for a cohesive project that is great for any foodie!
With only one ink color and one stamp set, this is an easy card to make for your favorite foodie or cook!
This background technique is a great way to showcase a favorite stamp and make your whole card feel cohesive.
And bonus: this repeated background technique can be used with almost any stamp!
See below for how to create a repeated spoon background:
How to make a repeated spoon card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Real Red: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
- Score at 4 1/4” for your card base.
- Crumb Cake: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Basic White: scraps
- Red DSP: scrap
- Die-cut out a large label from the Tasteful Labels dies
- On the crumb cake layer, start stamping the spoon in a corner at an angle. Stamp it again to begin a line of spoons. Continue until you are stamping off the edge, then turn the spoon around and stamp another line. Repeat this until the whole background has lines of spoons.
- On a scrap of white card stock, stamp the spoon using crumb cake ink and die-cut it out.
- On another small scrap of white card stock, stamp your sentiment using the crumb cake ink, and die-cut using a small label die.
Put it all together:
- Tie 12” of ribbon around the lower third of your repeated spoon layer. Adhere it all down to your card base.
- Adhere your sentiment and single spoon to your Red DSP die-cut, and then add dimensionals to the back of the die-cut.
- Lastly, stick this die-cut over your ribbon on the front of your card.
Supplies for a Repeated Spoon Background Card:
I hope you enjoyed making this card with me today!
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!
Thanks for joining me today, and Happy Crafting!