Playful Striped Dragonflies Card – Stamp on DSP
This Playful Striped Dragonflies Card uses colorful designer series paper and a punch to quickly make a bright card. Find a step-by-step guide here!
These Dragonflies are so much fun to play with, so I’ve been creating a series of cards to be featured here for the next few weeks! Be sure to check back each Thursday or subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas.
Along with the dragonflies punch, the Playing with Patterns DSP is perfect for a repeating pattern, such as these dragonflies, with different colors!
Punching them out, of course from a rainbow of colors, makes creating a card super fast.
What other paper would you use for this card?
See below for how to create this fast and fun card pairing DSP and a punch!
How to make this Striped Dragonflies Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Calypso Coral:
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4” for cardbase
- 3/4” strip for sentiment
- Basic White: 4” x 5 1/4”
- One sheet of Playing with Patterns paper
Create the background:
- Emboss your Basic White piece with the embossing folder. Glue it to your cardbase.
- Next, stamp your sentiment using versamark onto the Calypso Coral strip of cardstock. Sprinkle with white embossing powder, shake off the excess, and heat until shiny. Attach it to the lower right corner of the card.
Make the striped dragonflies:
- Using black ink, stamp the dragonfly onto the DSP. I stamped it on each of the colored stripes.
- Punch out the dragonflies.
TIP: Designer Series Paper (DSP) is not just for backgrounds. Experiment with stamping directly on it!
- Lastly, glue your dragonflies on your card, fluttering across the front!
Supplies for a Playful Dragonflies Card:
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!
Or how about another punch-friendly project?
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today for this Playful striped dragonflies card! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this quick dragonfly card. Happy Crafting!