Neon Technique Dragonfly Card — Colored Embossing Powder Trick
Making this Neon Technique Dragonfly Card uses a fantastic colored embossing powder trick! Save money on colored embossing powders with this one trick that I’ll show you in my newest video!
I LOVE using embossing powder. It may be my favorite technique and I use a lot of powder!
Likewise, a decent chunk of my craft budget goes for pretty colors, but I found an easy way to not only create the same colored effect without the expensive powders but also to match your projects!
I made a video showcasing my Colored Embossing Powder Trick, and of course use it to make some fun cards.
I wanted to show you how easy it is to create this Neon effect!
Accordingly, see below to learn the technique that saves me lots of money on colored embossing powders:
Watch the Video to Create the Neon look:
If you are reading this in your email, click here to watch the video.
Want the quick idea of this technique in written form? Read below:
- Stamp with Versamark onto black paper (or any dark paper, but I like the contrast of black)
- Sprinkle with white embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat until it’s shiny.
- Next, color your image with an alcohol marker. You don’t need to worry about being precise on your image because you won’t see you colored ink on the black paper!
- REHEAT your image to bring the shine back.
- Optional: you can recolor and reheat if you want your color to be deeper.
- Lastly, re-ink your image with Versamark, sprinkle with CLEAR embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat until it’s shiny.
Supplies for this Neon Embossing Powder Trick:
If you are looking for other projects that used the heat embossing technique, check out the cards below and click for their tutorials!
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet and heat embossing with me! I’ll be back every Thursday with more stamping fun, so have a look around and subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter for lots more tutorials and ideas!