Dandelion Diecut Sunburst Card
With spring right around the corner, let’s make a colorful Dandelion Diecut Sunburst Card! With a few cardstock pieces and some diecutting, the colors will pop off the card!
These colors were chosen as part of a Stampin’ Up January Color Challenge. I find challenges to be a great way to jumpstart creativity if you find yourself at a creative block. Therefore I recommend you try a challenge or CASE (copy and share everything) another project in the event you can’t think of what to create.
With each of the colors, I put them together in the rainbow order and found the sunburst design to be the most fun-looking!
Adding in some coordinating diecuts of dandelions was reminiscent of spring, of which I’m eagerly waiting for. How about you? Does this card remind you a specific time?
And if this sunburst design is one of your favorites, check out a recent tutorial I wrote for an Ice Cream Sunburst Card!
See below for how to create this colorful Diecut Sunburst Card!
How to make a Dandelion Diecut Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Very Vanilla:
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4” for your card base
- 4” x 5 1/4” layer
- Scrap for a dandelion
- With three of the four colors, cut 1” x 8 1/2” strip
- Pacific Point:
- 3” x 3”
- Scrap of Pacific Point for the sentiment.
Diecut the dandelions:
- Cut the pacific point square in half diagonally, and adhere one to the bottom right corner of the vanilla layer.
- From the three lighter color strips, cut them diagonally, and adhere one of each to the vanilla layer. Trim the excess.
- Next, diecut a dandelion from each of the leftover pieces of cardstock, so you have one from each of the five colors.
- Using liquid glue, adhere the dandelions to the sunburst layer.
Create your sentiment and adhere it all together:
- On your scrap of Pacific Point, stamp a sentiment using versamark. Sprinkle with white embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat until it’s shiny. Die cut out using the Tasteful Label die, and glue it to your sunburst layer.
- Lastly, adhere your sunburst layer to your card base.
Supplies for this Dandelion Diecut Sunburst Card:
Thanks for joining me today in my Craft Closet to make this Dandelion Diecut Card with a colorful sunburst! Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter today for lots of tutorials, ideas, and special deals on craft supplies!
If you love diecutting and are looking for more creative projects to make, click on the images below to see how to make them:
Thanks again for joining me today. Happy Crafting!