New Years 2021 Snowglobe Card
Let’s say goodbye to 2020 with a New Years 2021 Snowglobe Card! Shake the snowflakes inside the globe and know that better times are ahead.
Let’s say goodbye to 2020 (ugh, finally!) and celebrate the new year! And what better way to do that than with a shaker card you can share with someone great in your life (and shake out your frustrations!)?
Are you ready for the new year? Please don’t forget to take some time and say a proper goodbye to 2020. Have you grown in some way? I’m certain you have. Have you created something you are proud of?
I hope you take a few minutes to also think about what you’d like to create in 2021!
This snowglobe shaker card uses snowflake Designer Series Paper and a pre-made shaker dome to create this wintery scene that welcomes in the New Year.
See below to make a New Years 2021 snowglobe shaker card:
How to make a 2021 Snowglobe Shaker Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Night of Navy:
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4” for your card base
- 2” x 3” scrap for snow globe base
- 2 1/2” x 3/4” strip
- Snowflake Splendor DSP: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Whisper White:
- 3” x 3” for behind the snowglobe
- Scraps for tree, and sentiments
Make your snowglobe:
- Die-cut the globe from the left side of your snowflake layer. Peel the top adhesive from your snow globe dome, and attach it to the snowflake layer from behind.
- On your white square piece, stamp the snow globe “glass” with Navy ink. Then stamp a couple pine trees “inside.” Ensure the globe lines up with die-cut area on the snowflake layer, and adhere it onto your Navy card base.
- On a scrap of white, stamp a tree using Shaded Spruce ink, and punch it out. Use dimensionals to adhere it “inside” your stamped globe. Sprinkle generously with your snowflake sequins.
TIP: Sprinkle sequins or glitter in the center of your shaker so it doesn’t get stuck under your adhesive!
- Lastly, add adhesive to the back of your snowflake layer, and peel the bottom adhesive from your snow globe dome. Attach this layer to your Navy card base, ensuring the globes line up.
Finish the card:
- Make the snow globe base. With versamark ink, stamp the detailed base onto your Navy scrap, sprinkle white embossing powder, and tap off the excess. Heat until it’s shiny. Lastly, die-cut it out and glue it just below your globe.
- Die-cut the Year numbers (that’s 2021!) from white, and adhere them onto your Navy strip.
- Stamp “happy” onto a white scrap, cut it out, and glue it above “2021.” Because it will be a better year.
Supplies for a New Years Snowglobe Card:
Thanks for joining me today in my Craft Closet! For more crafting fun, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter for lots of tips, tutorials, and inspiration!
Are you as huge of a fan of shaker cards as I am? Click on the images below to see the variety of shaker possibilities you can make: