Easy Herringbone Scrap Card
Use up some leftover designer series paper with this Easy Herringbone Scrap Card. Find your favorite holiday paper and create one of these cards with the steps here!
There are some herringbone designs that look nice, but I wanted to make one with my paper that was easier to create, but still had that wow factor.
My scraps of this silver holiday paper were too pretty to toss, so of course I kept them, haha! And I don’t think I’m the only one, right?
Eventually, these scraps started piling up. Some were too small to use as backgrounds, and keeping them all together was getting more and more difficult.
What I love about this style of card is that it can be used with almost ANY of your favorite papers! Just cut your papers, and add a sentiment.
See the steps below to create this card and start scrapbusting!
How to Make an Easy Herringbone Card:
Cut your Cardstock:
- Seaside Spray:
- Card base: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4”
- Layer: 5 1/4” x 4”
- Scrap for Large circle (at least 3” x 3”)
- Whisper White: Scrap for Medium Circle (at least 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”)
Create the herringbone design:
- Cut your Designer Series Paper Scraps into 1/2” strips. Some of mine were the full 6” long, and others were shorter. All lengths will be great.
- On the Seaside Spray card stock layer, glue one of the longer strips at an angle across the layer. Glue two more longer ones next to the first one leaving a small margin between each.
- Next, glue 3 more at a 90 degree angle to one side of your original 3 strips. Then glue 3 more at a 90 degree angle on the OTHER side of your original 3 strips.
- Lastly, glue short strips to a 90 degree angle to those strips. The pattern should look similar to this:
- From the back, trim off the excess scraps on your layer, and glue the whole thing to your card base!
Make the sentiment and adhere it all together:
- Die-Cut the large stitched circle from the Seaside scrap of card stock, and the medium stitched circle from the Whisper White scrap.
- Use versamark ink to stamp your sentiment onto the white medium circle. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat it until it’s shiny.
- Adhere the circles together, and then glue it to the middle of your card.
Supplies for a Herringbone Card:
Thanks for joining me today in my Craft Closet to make this Scrap-busting Herringbone card! Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter today for lots of tutorials, ideas, and special deals on craft supplies!
If yo are interested in making other cards using Designer Series Paper, click on the images below!
Happy Crafting and hope to see you soon!