Black and White Zebra Birthday Card
A Black and White Zebra Birthday Card is quick and easy to make, plus it’s great to celebrate a friend’s birthday, no matter what age they are!
This plaid paper has so many different color patterns, so I was super happy to find a black and white one that’ll match this zebra birthday card! Then I tore it down the side so there weren’t sharp edges of squares and rectangles.
I designed this card as part of the design team for Joy of Sets. Today starts our monthly challenge for October — how did that happen already??
Give the challenge a try! I’d love it if you’d join in by picking any row, column, or diagonal row of this Tic-Tac-Toe grid for your project and link it here!
I chose the top row of Black, Torn, and Stitches. Black and white is one of my favorite color combos to work with. Then I tore the DSP, and used a stitched die to cut out and pop up the party animal!
The recipe for how to make this Zebra Birthday card is below.
How to make a Black and White Zebra Birthday Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Basic Black: 4 1/4” x 11”, scored in half at 5 1/2” for a top fold card base. Scrap for large circle.
- DSP: 3” x 5 1/2”. Carefully tear down the long side.
- Whisper White: Scrap for circle.
Emboss the sentiment:
- Using VersaMark ink, stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder, tap off the excess. Then, heat until it’s melted and shiny.
Stamp the Zebra!
- With black ink, stamp the zebra on a scrap of whisper white cardstock. Die cut out with the 2nd largest stitched circle die. Next, adhere it to a large die-cut black circle.
- Glue your torn DSP to the card front. Make sure you leave space for your sentiment!
- Use dimensionals to adhere the zebra to the card front next.
- Lastly, add any colorful embellishments!
Supplies for a Zebra Birthday Card:
Thanks for joining me today in my Craft Closet! It was so great to have you here! I love crafting and sharing fun tips and tutorials. I hope you subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter today!
Looking for more fun cards to make? Check out these!
Love your zebra with the plaid!!
Thanks so much! I’m glad they didn’t clash 😂🦓
Such a cute birthday card! I adore this zebra. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks, Angie! 🖤 Glad you like it.