Whiskey Thank You Card with Repeated Rocks Glass Background
I’ll drink to that! This Whiskey Thank You Card with a repeated rocks glass background uses an easy technique that I’m sharing with you today, and I’m sure you’ll use on future projects. Give it a try!
Have you ever tried the Repeated Stamp Background Technique? It’s a great way to make your own Designer Series Paper, and will help bring out your featured image! I used it with the whiskey rocks glasses to help the decanter become the center of attention.
This background technique can be used with so many stamp sets! Take a peek at this recent top-fold card I created for one of my stamp classes:
While I stamped the mugs at an angle for that card, I made straight lines with the rocks glasses for todays card. We don’t want that whiskey to spill, ha ha!
With just a little Cardstock and ink, you can make this card with no fancy machines. It can be perfect for a masculine birthday card or a thank you card.
See below for how easy it is to make this eye-catching background!
How to Whiskey Thank You Card with a Repeated Stamp Background
Cut your Cardstock.
- Bumblebee: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”.
- Early Espresso: 5 1/4” x 4”.
- Whisper White: 5 1/8” x 3 7/8” + scrap for sentiment
- Scrap of Bumblebee DSP
Stamp your Repeated Stamp Background:
- First, on your white piece, stamp the rocks glass using Early Espresso ink.
- To do this technique, use a scrap piece of paper to give yourself a straight line across the top of your cardstock.
- Stamp a few across, leaving a little room between each glass.
- Move your scrap piece down to stamp the next row of glasses, and repeat until you have stamped the whole background.
Adhere the layers together.
- Next, using your favorite glue, attach the repeated stamp background to the Early Espresso layer, and then attach those to the front of your Bumblebee card base.
Stamp the decanter and sentiment:
- Using Early Espresso ink, stamp the decanter on a scrap of Bumblebee DSP. Fussy Cut out.
- Stamp the sentiment on whisper white, and trim it down. Attach it to a scrap of Bumblebee DSP.
- Lastly, use dimensionals to attach the sentiment and decanter to the front of your card.
Supplies for a Whiskey Thank You Card
Whether with this stamp set or another of your favorites, I’m sure you’ll want to try out this Repeated Stamped Background technique! Let me know how it turns out by commenting below!
Don’t miss other stamping techniques and tricks! Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter today!
Want more tutorials with this Whiskey Business stamp set? Click below to see these other card recipes:
I hope you enjoyed crafting with me today in Laura’s Craft Closet! Happy Crafting!