Deck The Halls Diagonal Fold Holiday Card
Deck the Halls with this Diagonal fold holiday card! Ornaments, snow, and silver accents make this fun-fold card perfect!
Let’s get another holiday card done early for this year!
I designed this card as part of the design team for Joy of Sets. Today starts our monthly challenge for August; I’d love it if you’d join in by making a card using this Tic-Tac-Toe grid!
Pick any row, column, or diagonal row, use those elements to make a card and link it here! I chose the bottom row: Emboss, Shine, and Triangle. Accordingly, I designed my card with each of these elements, trying to coordinate them together.
With the sentiment embossed in white, the paper having a beautiful shine, and the Diagonal Fold showcasing large triangles, this card has great elements for a holiday card.
See below for how to make this Diagonal Fold Card!
How to Make a Diagonal Fold Card:
Cut your Cardstock:
- Whisper White: From a full 8 1/2” x 11” sheet, make a diagonal cut. You’ll end up with 2 large triangles (two cards!). Score at 5 1/2″ from one end and 4 1/4″ from the other end. Next, fold the flaps in to form the front of your card. Previously, I showed this Diagonal Fold Card with a fun Tropical Chic card.
- Your favorite Holiday Designer Series Paper: 5 1/4″ x 4″. Cut diagonally from corner to corner. This will give you enough for two cards. Adhere one down to the top flap of your white card base.
- Die-cut a medium stitched oval using Silver Foil.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp your sentiment on the bottom flap, and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Tap off the excess, and heat until shiny.
- On scrap pieces of white cardstock, stamp two ornaments using Night of Navy Ink. Punch out.
Adhere the pieces:
- Glue your ornaments to the front of the silver foil.
- Lastly, adhere the silver foil/ornament piece to the top flap of your card. Be Careful!! Only put adhesive on the back of the silver foil where it will touch the flap (so the right half).
Supplies for a Deck the Halls Diagonal Fold Card:
Has inspiration struck and want to make more holiday cards?? Me too!! Check out these recent christmas and holiday cards!!
Thanks for joining me today. I hope this fun-fold card inspired you to try some new ways to make some beautiful cards. If you want more papercrafting tips and tutorials, be sure to sign up for my Crafty Newsletter! Happy Crafting!
What a fun fold card! Love the silver accents and the elegant stamped ornaments.
Thank you, Cheryl! I find blue and silver accents very elegant, too!