Rainbow Feather Card
This Rainbow Feather Card features simple stamping with an eye-catching color palette. Add a gold embossed sentiment and you’ve got an easy project!
Using a single stamp multiple times on a card front can have a bold effect. This technique can be used with so many stamps! Paired with a rainbow of inks, that stamp can be elevated.
As a rule, I try to use all the stamps within a stamp set. This set included a lot of useful sentiments and a flower that I have used for many projects!
Beyond those great stamps, I chose the feather from the Tasteful Touches stamp set for this card. Paired with a gold sentiment on vellum, it’s a finished card with a touch of shine.
All together, this project is simple, colorful, and best of all quick to make!
See below for how to stamp this card for someone special!
How to make a Rainbow Feather Card
Cut your cardstock:
- Smoky Slate: 8 1/12” x 5 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4” for your cardbase.
- Pacific Point: 5 1/4” x 4”.
- Whisper White: 5” x 3 3/4”.
Stamp the feathers:
- With each of your six inks, stamp the feather repeatedly across the center of your white layer.
- TIP: Stamp the center feathers first to ensure equal spacing between each feather.
- Next, glue this layer to the Pacific Point layer, and then glue that to the front of your cardbase.
Create the sentiment:
- First, stamp “you are so special” using Versamark ink on a piece of vellum. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder, and then tap off the excess.
- Next, heat the powder until shiny.
- Embossing on Vellum is a versatile technique. See this other example!
- Die-cut the sentiment using the long hexagonal die.
- Lastly, add two dimensionals to the back of the vellum and attach to your card. Cover the dimensionals with embellishments!
Supplies for a Special Rainbow card:
Lots of colors can make anyone smile, especially a recipient of a card that’ll make them feel special.
Looking for other rainbow cards? Here are some tutorials; click on these images for the recipes!
Thanks so much for joining me in my Craft Closet today! Get lots more tips, tutorials, and inspiration with my Crafty Newsletter! Sign up by clicking here! Happy Crafting!