Diagonal DSP Tasteful Touches Card
Playing with Designer Series Paper, or DSP, can bring your card-making to a higher level! Cutting it at an angle spruces up this Diagonal DSP Tasteful Touches Card!
Designer Series Paper, or DSP, is one of the easiest ways to spruce up a card or project. Whether its just a small piece (like in this card), a lot for a background, or tiny pieces for accents, DSP can take your crafting to a higher level.
Don’t you just love all of the new DSPs?? If you want way too many, but don’t want to break the bank, why not get a DSP Sampler Share! I highly recommend it as an easy way to play with all of the pretty papers 🙂 Click on the link above, or click on “SHOP” in the toolbar at the top, to see all that you’ll get!
Using DSP is one of my favorite things. Cutting the pretty paper makes me feel good! In the case, it was the new In Good Taste papers which have photorealistic designs with a lot of neutral tones.
Also, the paper helped me choose the color combo for this card: Smoky Slate and Rococco Rose. That makes designing a card so much easier. What do you think of these colors?
Put together a Diagonal DSP card with the recipe:
Recipe for a Diagonal DSP Tasteful Touches Card:
Cut your Cardstock:
- Smoky Slate: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4” for your cardbase. Use your embossing folder to add texture to the front only. Cut another piece to 3 1/4” x 4 1/2”.
- Rococco Rose: 3 1/2” x 4 3/4”.
- DSP: 3 1/4” x 4 1/2” (same as your small gray layer), cut diagonally.
Stamp and Color:
- Stamp the flower on a scrap of white, and color with the Rococco Rose marker.
TIP: To get a darker color on the shaded areas of the flower, color over it a few times!
- Fussy cut out the flower.
- Stamp the sentiment on the right side of the small gray layer.
Add String and Adhere it all together:
- Glue one of the diagonal halves of DSP to the gray layer. Tie 12” around this layer a few times, and end with a bow.
- Next, attach the DSP layer to your Rococco Rose layer, and that to the Gray cardbase.
- Lastly, add a few dimensionals to the back of your flower and attach it to your card!
Supplies for a Diagonal DSP Card:
Thank you so much for stopping by to craft together today! For more fun with this stamp set or designer series papers, click on the images below to see more!
Thanks again for dropping by! Want tips and tutorials delivered right to your inbox? Consider signing up to receive my crafty newsletter!