Incredible Peacock Wobble Encouragement Card
I created this Peacock Wobble Encouragement Card for a wonderful woman in my life. Noble, fancy, and of course incredible.
With beautiful coordinating colors, I hope this card exudes the confidence and grace that an incredible person can possess.
Is there someone in your life that could use a little encouragement? I hope you don’t underestimate the power of reaching out and letting them know. Sometimes just that small act of connection can make all the difference in someone’s day.
The layers on this card are light, to offset the deep colors I chose to make it. Too many layers might otherwise make it feel heavy, when I want the look to be happy and encouraging. Generally, this is a good artistic rule to follow when creating sketches for your cards, scrapbook pages, or other art.
Blueberry bushel is going to be retired at the end of May, which means that it will no longer be available. Don’t worry, because Stampin’ Up will then welcome five NEW trendy colors. In the meantime, let’s have fun crafting with Blueberry Bushel! (And if it’s one of your favorites, look below under supplies and order a pack before it runs out!)!
See below for steps to create this incredible (and wobbly!) card!
Steps to make a Peacock Wobble Card:
1. Create your Card Base:
- Cut Blueberry Bushel card stock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold.
- Stamp your sentiment with versamark and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Heat until it’s shiny and bright.
2. Create the Peacock:
- With Blueberry Bushel ink, stamp the peacock. Ink up the 2nd step tail stamp with Rich Razzleberry, and emboss with clear powder.
- Color in the body with your Old Olive Blends markers.
Tip: If you don’t have the Old Olive Blends, take a small paintbrush and add a few drops of water to the upper lid of an Old Olive ink pad. Dab the brush against the pad and add a bit of ink back to your tiny puddle. Use the paintbrush to brush on the body of the peacock. I love being resourceful!
- Die-cut the peacock, and set it aside.
3. Create the Layers:
- Die cut a few branches from Old Olive card stock using the Peacock die set.
- Die-cut the largest stitched circle from Rich Razzleberry card stock. Do the same with the next-largest stitched circle from the foiled Peacock designer series paper. Adhere these two circles together, and glue it to the card base (over the branch ends).
- Attach the Peacock with a wobble action spring, and add any embellishments to the card base!
See this video for the wobble:
Supplies for this Pretty Peacock Encouragement Card
Shake your tail-feather! I hope you like this Peacock Wobble Encouragement card, and consider making one!
As usual with any card I make with an animal: A fun fact about a peacock! They are one of the largest flying birds and can reach 5 feet long (including tail)! OOh! And they have spurs on the backs of their legs for defense!
Other similar tutorials to check out:
- Some cute Pop-up Meerkats:
- Wobbly Music Card:
- And another encouragement card:
Thanks for checking in on the blog today! If you want to always have the latest crafty news, subscribe here and never be left out!