Plaid Reindeer Snow Globe Card
Using designer series papers make creating beautiful holiday cards easy. In this case, the Wrapped in Plaid paper gave my card a lovely touch of plaid and gold foil. With just a small amount of the paper, this plaid reindeer snow globe card can be made quickly and easily.
Together with a little ribbon, a card can be easy to make and have all the elements of a festive holiday card.
Die-cutting an image from a favorite designer series paper can change the look of a project. I originally cut this reindeer out from shaded spruce cardstock. Although it looked fine and matched, the scrap of plaid next to me on the desk gave me a better idea. Namely, to cut out another reindeer using that bold pattern!
So I of course glued it down inside the snow globe, and used it as the centerpiece of a fun fold card!
And what’s better than a fun fold card that doesn’t require lots of hard-to-remember measurements?!
See below for how to create this festive fun fold card!
Steps to create a Plaid Reindeer Fun Fold Card:
1. Cut card stock
- From a piece of white cardstock, make a diagonal cut. You’ll end up with a large triangle. Score at 5 1/2″ and 4 1/4″ and fold the flaps in to form the front of your card. I recently showed this Diagonal Fold Card with a fun Tropical Chic card.
- Cut a 5 1/4″ x 4″ rectangle from your favorite piece of plaid designer series paper. Cut diagonally. This will give you enough for two cards. Adhere one down to the top flap of your white card base. Save the 2″ strip of plaid you cut off.
- Ink up your favorite seasonal sentiment using Shaded Spruce. This one is from the Still Scenes stamp set. Stamp it onto the lower right corner of your white card base.
- On a scrap piece of white card stock, stamp your snow globe in Shaded Spruce.
- Use the Snow Globe Scenes dies to cut out your stamped snow globe.
- With the same set of dies, next cut out a solid globe base from a Shaded Spruce card stock scrap and a patterned globe base from a white card stock scrap.
- Remember that 2″ scrap of plaid? Use the die set to cut out a reindeer from it. They are two-sided, so try using the opposite side!
4. Put your Reindeer Snow Globe together
- Adhere the deer in the middle of the snow globe using liquid glue.
- With liquid glue again, likewise adhere the detailed white globe base to the solid Shaded Spruce base, and then glue the whole piece to the bottom of the snow globe.
- Add gold ribbon around the bottom of the snow globe base, and tie a bow on the front.
- Lastly, adhere the whole snow globe to the left side flap (only!) of your card base front.
Supplies to create a Plaid Reindeer Card:
This plaid reindeer makes for a fun snow globe! The plaid paper is great to play with and find new ways to use designer series papers.
I am playing along with these challenges:
- Double Trouble Challenges #44 – Thing 1 Wrap it up, Thing 3 Tie it up, Thing 2 ArtsyStamper Challenge #5 Winter holidays.
Thanks for stopping by today! For other festive holiday cards, take a peek at these projects:
Such a gorgeous card Laura – I love that deer cut out in the plaid – it looks stunning – hope you have a lovely Christmas
Thank you so much, Fiona! It was a great idea to put each of our favorite things into a tic-tac-toe grid for the challenge 🙂 Everyone’s projects are fantastic!! Merry Christmas 🎄
Clever idea cutting reindeer in plaid dsp x
Thank you, Jane. The things that happen while tired in my craft room lol.
Very pretty plaids, on the diagonal background and the deer in the globe. Very pretty layout of your card and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and ArtsyStamper. Please come back for more fun challenges…starting early next week Friday for new partnering and color challenge..
Thank you! I always enjoy your challenges!
Oh, love this, Laura – what a proud reindeer, and that snowglode form is so fun! Great layout! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!
That reindeer does look proud! Haha Thanks Heather!
What a beautiful take on the die cut challenge at SUO Challenges. I love the reindeer in plaid and the fun fold as well. Thanks for joining us!
Thanks so much! Glad you like them 🙂
That is totally adorable! Love the look of the plaid on the deer. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in our gallery again soon!
Thanks, Christy! I love how it turned out, too!
What a cool card! Love the plaid reindeer! Thanks for the tutorial! This is perfect for our holiday challenge! Thanks so much for entering it in our Artsystamper Digitals Challenge! Good luck in the draw,
Bev aka Artsystamper
Glad you like it. Thanks, Bev! 🤗
Fabulous card! You have all the elements and then some that make for a memorable card. Fun folds are always special and I love the way you used the stamp and die set. Perfectly plaid, for sure! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #44.
Thank you so much, Melanie!🥰 I can’t get enough of this plaid!!