Death Before Decaf Coffee Zombie Card
It’s finally September — consequently, preparing for Halloween is more socially acceptable, ha ha! Additionally, I can create some fun creepy Halloween cards, like this Coffee Zombie Card! And bonus: I’ll also show you how to create this Galaxy Background using an Ink Blending technique!
I’m designing for the Crafting By Designs Challenge, and this months theme is Anything Goes! Even better –> one of the sponsors is Oddball Stamps! I chose to use Zombie Hearts and Hands for this creepy cute caffeinated card! Those stamps really spoke to me, and I NEEDED them for Halloween cards (and maybe even later on this year when the new season of The Walking Dead is airing)!
I promise that this card is simple to make, with just a few basic supplies. See below for the step-by-step details on the Ink Blending Galaxy Background technique.
Interested in how to use digital stamps? I wrote a tutorial to get you started and feeling comfortable with using digis! Click on the picture below:
Are you a zombie before your coffee? Have a friend who could also appreciate this card?
Make one with the steps below!
Steps for a Coffee Zombie Card:
Create a 5 1/4″ x 4″ galaxy background:
- On a piece of white cardstock, sponge pockets of garden green, melon mambo, and blackberry bliss. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Die-cut 3 circles from post-it notes and place over your background.
INK BLENDING GALAXY TECHNIQUE: Sponge blackberry bliss around the post-it note circles. Then sponge black lightly over your background, starting at the edges and moving inward. Remove the post-it notes.
- Use a black marker to create a graveyard at the bottom. Stamp grasses or draw with the marker.
Print the Zombie Hands Digital Stamps:
- Resize the four hands to 3″ tall.
- Color with markers.
- Use a craft knife to fussy cut out the hands.
- Stamp/print/color a few coffee cups, and glue them into the zombie hands. I used some leftover retired DSP from Stampin’ Up for these coffee cups.
Create the sentiment:
- Stamp the coffee sentiment in versamark ink in the upper right hand corner.
- Sprinkle green embossing powder over the sentiment, tap off the excess and return it to the jar. Cure with a heat tool until the powder melts and becomes shiny.
Adhere it all together:
- Glue the zombie hands (with their coffees!) along the bottom of the graveyard galaxy piece.
- Cut basic black cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Fold in half for your card base.
- Using tape runner, attach the galaxy piece to your card base.
Inks Used To Sponge Background
Zombie Hearts and Hands Image #533 digital stamps from Oddball Art Co.
Mug Life Stamps from Ink road <– Use my link for 15% off your order!
Green embossing powder
Don’t mess with my coffee!!
I’m entering this Coffee Zombie card into the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge – #142 V is for Violent.
As usual, I couldn’t make just one card with these creepy digital stamps! This one is another snarky Halloween card!
Excited for Halloween? It’s only a few weeks away. Check out these creepy cute cards and projects for a little inspiration!
Enjoy preparing for the caffeinated and candy-filled holiday, and Happy Crafting!
He he he he awesome!!1
I feel the same way about my tea!!
Thanks for getting violent with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!
Thank you! Ha ha! Decaf tea also seems like a bad idea 😂
This is quite fabulous! So delightfully creepy. Glorious galaxy background, too! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!
Thank you so much, Lindsey!
Laura I’m so sad not to be able to find this zombie hands and hearts digital anymore. Any idea where I might be able to get it?
I’m also sad that it’s not available anymore. She has since closed down her website, but she still has an etsy shop (no zombie hands, but other awesome digis). https://www.etsy.com/shop/OddballArtCo If you send me a FB message, I might be able to help a Roadie out!