Sneaky Kitty Shaker Card
Once I make one shaker card, I can’t seem to stop! As soon as I finished my last one, I saw this cat image and I knew I’d be turning it into a sneaky kitty shaker card for one of my cat-lady friends!
Today is the first day for the Our Pets theme challenge at Crafting By Designs Challenge blog. Our sponsor is Knitty Kitty Digis, so I hope you join us! Create a project that follows the Pet theme and post it at the challenge.
In our home, if anyone even whispers the word “tuna,” the cat magically appears from behind a wall. How do kitties do this? As a result, I then open a can for her, ha ha! She might have me trained. Likewise, the kitties on this card are sneaking a peek at the fish tank! It’s very appropriate that this image is called “Did someone say…?”
The sentiment on the inside simply says “meow!” My fellow cat-people will know this as the only response to, well, anything you say to your cat.
Looking for some tips to using digital images? Try this Complete Guide to Using Digital Stamps.
How to Create a Sneaky Kitty Shaker Card:
Create Card Top
- Print out digital image at a height of 4″ onto Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Cut out 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- With your markers, color the cats as you desire.
- Use an x-acto knife to cut a smaller rectangle from the center, around the cats, while leaving 1/2″ borders on the top and sides. This will leave a larger border at the bottom for your sentiment. Save this inside for creating the card base.
- Stamp your sentiment and adhere to your card top.
Create Card Base
- Fold a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock in half.
- On a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of light cardstock, stamp some plants and bubbles for the aquarium.
- On that leftover piece of Crumb Cake from the center of your card top, stamp a few fish, and die cut out. Glue these among the aquarium plants.
- Adhere this to your Shaded Spruce card base.
Shaker Card Assembly
- Using your glue dots, adhere a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of window sheet to the BACK of your card top.
- Stick 4 foam strips around the window, also on the BACK of the card top.
- Sprinkle sequins and glitter on top of the card front, within the aquarium.
- Lastly, stick the Card Top, with the foam strips, over the aquarium, and SHAKE!
Did Someone Say…? Digi stamp. It’s $2 and an instant download. Too easy!
If you would prefer a video tutorial to create a shaker card, you can find a fun one here. In fact, there you’ll find more glitter and even some rainbows!
With this card, I’m playing along with the SUYP July challenge – Furrything goes!
I hope you enjoyed this sneaky kitty card. Please think about subscribing above so you don’t miss any crafting! Happy Crafting!