Blue Cactus Card – You’re So Awesome!
I have been just itching to use this stamp set since I saw it in the catalog! Are you a fan, or maybe just haven’t found a project to inspire you with it yet? Flowering Desert has a lot of possibilities. I love cacti and desert scenes, so I’m excited to share this monochromatic blue cactus card!
As a design team member for Joy of Sets, I used this Month’s Tic Tac Toe challenge to create a fun cactus card!
If you’d like to join in, choose a row of three (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) and create a project. Post and link up at the Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe Challenge! We’d love to have you join us!
For this month, I chose pattern paper, banner, and floral and created my blue cactus card. Why blue? Why not! I’m loving this color of blue. See below for how this card came together with just a few supplies.
Steps to Create a Blue Cactus Card:
Cut your cardstock.
- Blueberry Bushel 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Fold in half for cardbase.
- Blueberry Bushel Designer Paper 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Whisper White 4 1/4″ x 1″ and 3″ x 3″. A scrap for cactus.
Stamp using Blueberry Bushel ink.
- Stamp your sentiment on your white banner towards the right side.
- On your scrap, stamp the cactus and “fussy-cut” out. Put to the side.
- Stamp a few of the smaller cacti at the bottom of the white square for a fun desert scene.
- Die-cut out using the medium (2 5/8″) stitched square framelit.
Assemble your card.
- Adhere the patterned blue designer paper at an angle to your card base front.
- Adhere your white square with the small cactus scene towards the top middle at the opposite angle.
- Use dimensionals to pop the cactus up on top of your square.
- Adhere your sentiment banner across the bottom third of your card.
Supplies for your desert card:
And you know I couldn’t just stop at one card. When you cut your cardstock in half, you get 2 card bases, right? So here’s the matching card you can make with the other half:
If you are looking for more cards with trees instead of cacti, then you’ll love the tutorial for this Layered Oak Tree Encouragement Card.
I’m so happy you stopped by and checked out these cards. Subscribe for more crafting fun! I’d love it if you did.
I’m playing along with the Moving Along With the Times challenge – Monochrome Color, the Stampin Up Only Masculine Challenge, and the Aud Sentiments Challenge – Nature and Sentiment.
Thanks, and Happy Crafting!