Ruby Anniversary Card
Hey Crafties! My Aunt and Uncle have their 40th wedding anniversary coming up (ruby anniversary!!) and they are throwing a lovely party to celebrate. So of course I needed to and make a lovely card to match!
40 years is the ruby anniversary, so I chose a cherry cobbler red cardstock and paired it with white cardstock, a white pearlized doily, and white embossing powder.
Summer is always filled with anniversaries and weddings! A wonderful time to celebrate love, and lots of wonderful occassions for a classy card.
See below how I created this anniversary card!
Steps to create a ruby anniversary card:
Cut your cardstock.
- Whisper White: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ + scraps for flowers and banner. Fold in half for the card base.
- Cherry Cobbler 5 1/4″ x 4″ + scraps for flower and numbers.
Stamp and Emboss.
- On a white scrap, stamp your anniversary sentiment.
- On a red scrap, stamp the large numbers, and sprinkle white embossing powder. These numbers were a stamp set from the recent April Paper Pumpkin kit! I love the texture. Heat emboss until melted. Fussy cut out the numbers.
- On the remaining white and red scraps, stamp the flowers in red and emboss the red scraps with white embossing powder.
Die cut the pieces.
- Die-cut the flowers.
- Using the large intricate die from the Stitched All Around set, die-cut the cherry cobbler cardstock towards the middle.
- Die-cut the anniversary sentiment using the Stitched All Around banner.
Adhere your elements.
- Glue 8″ white ribbon around the left side of the large cherry cobbler cardstock and adhere this piece to your white card base.
- Glue down the doily and flowers, and use dimensionals to adhere the banner and numbers.
Supplies to create a ruby anniversary card:
I really hope my Aunt and Uncle like this card! In addition, I’m definitely looking forward to their party.
I’m entering this Ruby Anniversary card into the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge (Wedding or Anniversary).
Looking for more wedding and anniversary cards?? Take a peek at Double Easel Bridal Shower Card, created with Vellum, Pearls, and Lace! Or this Just Married VW Van Card.
If you found this anniversary card tutorial useful, please think about subscribing! You’ll find out when new crafty tutorials are posted, and it would make me so happy to share the fun with you! Happy Crafting!