Double Easel Bridal Shower Card; Vellum, Pearls, and Lace!- #JOSTTT004
A new month means a new challenge at the Joy of Sets! I’m loving being a design team member with this group and working with these grids — stepping outside our comfort zones can do wonders for a creativity rut. For this wedding card with a take on a Z-fold, I mixed a couple stamp sets together and added some fun embellishments.
The grid was designed by Nicky this month, and her inspiration really helped me make a unique card! I used the Wedding, Vellum, Pearls row.
Go ahead and take the challenge! It’s fun, you will find lot of inspiration, and you may just surprise yourself!!
If you want to create this bridal shower card, I included the steps below:
Steps to create this bridal shower card:
Cut your Cardstock.
- Whisper White 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ for a card base.
- Crumb cake 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere to your white cardbase.
- Balmy Blue 4″ x 10 1/4″, scored at 2 1/2″ and 5″. Save the 3/4″ scrap for your sentiment.
Stamp Stamp Stamp!
- Randomly stamp your flower stamp from the Colorful Seasons set using Versamark ink onto the large section of the balmy blue cardstock. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat until melted. Adhere to the crumb cake layer.
- Stamp your sentiment onto your 3/4″ scrap with versamark ink and emboss the same way. Cut to 3 3/4″ length and layer on a 3 7/8″ x 7/8″ scrap of whisper white. Adhere sentiment to the bottom of your blue piece.
Create the bride in the mirror.
- Stamp your bride onto vellum with versamark and emboss in white the same way. Die-cut using the largest ovel from the stitched shapes framelits.
- Add a little white on the back for the dress, and I added a little brown to the hair because the bride is a brunette.
- Die-cut the largest oval in balmy blue from the stitched shaped framelits. Adhere your bride to this “mirror” using clear glue.
Finish and embellish.
- Cut a doilie in half, and attach to the top of the balmy blue fold.
- Attach your bride to this doilie by just adding tape runner the inside of the doilie.
- Add pearls!
Looking for more wedding cards? Check out some recents: Just Married VW Van Card, A wedding card with a window (also created with vellum!), and A colorful wedding card with a rainbow of watercolors!
If you liked this card and tutorial, I would absolutely love it if you follow me and check out my facebook group page, where you can find even more paper-crafting ideas!