New Baby Dragon Congratulations Card
Hey Crafties! I’m hosting a challenge at the Crafting By Designs challenge blog! ::happy dance:: It’s an Anything Goes theme and sponsored by LeAnn’s World 101, with a prize of winner’s choice of 2 digi images!
I created a New Baby card using Tavi from LeAnn’s World, the cutest dragon!! This is for sure my favorite color combo.
The challenge runs until April 25, so definitely check it out! While you are there, look around at the other Design Team’s inspiration, and be sure to get your creations linked up for your chance at the fun prize! I can’t wait to see your projects.
Do you want to know how to create this baby dragon card? Read below:
Steps to Create This Card:
- Watercolor your inks onto a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of watercolor paper.
TECHNIQUE: To watercolor using your Stampin Up Ink Pads — Using a small paintbrush, add water to the top inside of your stamp pad case to create a small puddle. Then touch the paintbrush over the ink pad and bring it back to the puddle on the case lid. If you want it darker, add more ink to your puddle. This give you control over the intensity of the color. Bring it to your watercolor paper to form the colorful clouds.
- Stamp sentiment with Gorgeous Grape.
- Adhere to Coastal Cabana cardbase (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″).
The baby dragon:
- Print onto white paper, and color with stampin write markers.
- Fussy-cut out.
- Adhere in lower right-hand corner with mini-dimensionals for the popped look.
- I used a few retired glitter gems, but any pearls or rhinestones would also look fantastic!
Tavi dragon digital stamp from LeAnn’s World 101
I can’t wait to send this card! It’s going to a “Game of Thrones” fan, but I also know some soon-to-be parents who love the “How to Train your Dragon” movies and would enjoy this creation. Are you a fan of either?
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- The Fairy and the Unicorn – Mythical Creatures AG March
- Pattie’s Creations – #156 Babies Babies Babies
I hope you enjoyed this card, and if you did, I’d love it if you follow this blog — you don’t miss future tutorials, tips, and techniques!!