What does the fox say? — Crafting By Designs
I’m back with a fun card I designed for the Crafting By Designs Anything Goes challenge! Our sponsor for this challenge is Oddball Art, with a prize of 3 Digi images, so play along and submit your card or project!
This is also our Spring Blog Hop! We are joined by the Oddball Art Design Team, so see below for the next destination.
I used the Mr Sweets The Fox digital stamp for this tri-fold card.
I tried to make the inside birthday sentiment go with the song! See below for how to create it!
Create your card base using 12″ x 12″ paper.
- On one side, make a mark at 5 1/2″. On the opposite side, make a mark at 3 1/2″.
- Trim your paper at these marks.
- Score at 4″ and 8″. Fold your cardbase.
Decorate the background on each flap of your cardbase.
- Adhere your favorite floral or woodsy paper to a flap, and trim to fit.
TECHNIQUE: To create the forest on the front flap, apply gray granite ink directly to the inside of one side of the embossing folder. I do this by directly putting the ink pad on my embossing folder, but some people prefer to use a brayer. Close the top flap of your cardbase inside the folder and emboss it using your big shot machine.
Create your tag.
- Stamp the outline tag from Labels to Love in Gray Granite onto a white scrap.
- Outline with Merry Merlot Stampin write marker.
- Using a black marker, write your sentiment.
- Adhere onto the top flap.
Create the foxes!
- I printed the large fox at 3 1/2″ and four small foxes at 1 3/4″ on white cardstock.
- Using Stampin Write markers in gray granite and merry merlot, color your foxes. The easiest way to make a digital stamp pop is to use a little wink of Stella, so I applied a little over the white areas of their paws and tail.
- Fussy-cut out (or use your scan-and-cut machine), and adhere around your card.
Mr Sweets the Fox digital stamp from Oddball Art
Do you now have the song in your head?! I definitely do!
I love this fox digital stamp. It’s versatile, and I designed a few others.
BLOG HOP INFO:
If you are hopping along on the blog hop, you probably came from Julia’s blog. If not, feel free to start here and hop along with us!! Next up is Crafty Girl!
Then come back, all inspired and link your project, easy, peasy!
Here is the list of the entire design team:
Guest Designers from the Odd Ball Art Design Team
Penny from Busch Creations
Susan from Calling All Crafters
EK from EKGormanDesigns
With this card, I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Coloring in Scrapland – Anything Goes / optional Critters
- Incy Wincy Designs – For the men and boys
- Crafty Animals – Challenge #24
- Do Al(l) Kreatives – Fancy Fold
I hope you enjoyed these cards and your hop along to the other blogs — there is a lot of inspiration!! Happy Crafting!