Cattleya Orchid Encouragement Card
Hey Crafties! This week, I’m back designing for the Crafting By Designs design team. The challenge is Flowers, and our sponsor is Beccy’s Place, with a prize of $10 to the digital store! I created a Cattleya orchid encouragement card. Check out our design team projects and submit your own floral project!
I haven’t made a lot of floral cards lately — it’s difficult to find inspiration during a Pennsylvania winter! Inside, I grow a lot of succulents (which inspired these succulent cards and this command center clipboard) and an orchid that blooms twice a year. If you have any orchid tips, I’d appreciate them! Leave your tips below please!
I used the Cattleya Orchid Digi stamp to create this card.
Steps to create this Cattleya Orchid Encouragement card:
Sponge some berry burst ink and fresh fig ink onto watercolor paper.
- Add water using a wide brush and move the ink around until you are happy with it.
- Cut to 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- When it is dry, adhere at an angle to a card base made from fresh fig card stock.
Print your Digi image on white cardstock.
- Cut to 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″.
- Color as you wish with watercolor pencils, and add a little water with a brush. If you don’t have a favorite orchid or one that blooms in March, there is lots of inspiration on Pinterest. Or just start adding color…orchids come in a wide variety!!
- When dry, add a little wink of Stella to the leaves.
- Use the edge stitching die-cut on all four edges.
- Adhere it with dimensionals to your watercolored paper.
Create your sentiment tag.
- With Versamark, stamp your sentiment from the Part of My Story stamp set (free during Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration) onto a scrap of fresh fig cardstock. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat to emboss.
- Die-cut your tag using the stitched shapes framelits, and adhere to your card in the lower right-hand corner with dimensionals.
Cattleya Orchid Digi stamp from Beccy’s Place
I think the sentiment is perfect for this card! The entire Part Of My Story stamp set is free during Sale-A-Bration, which ends March 31. If you want it before it’s gone, click on the image of the set above — it’ll take you to my online store where you can purchase your stamp goodies! The stamp set is FREE with a $50 purchase! Bonus!!
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps – Spring
- Di’s Digi Challenge – 3 in a row (sentiment, flowers, hand-colored image)
If you are looking for more inspiration, check out my Pinterest boards! Follow me for lots of cards and techniques, and definitely more flowers and succulents!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Until next time, Happy Crafting!