Triple Layer Oak Tree Encouragement Card
I’ve always loved this Triple Layer design for cards. My stamping mentor Wendy made a thank you card in this style for a class, and stamping the “background” was fun. I just never got around to making another one, but when I saw “layers” as an option for this month’s Joy of Sets challenge, I knew this design would be perfect. So I created a Triple Layer Oak Tree encouragement card:
I created this card for this month’s Joy Of Sets Tic Tac Toe challenge. The grid was chosen by Jane — Pick a row of three (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal), and create your card, scrapbook page, or other project! I chose the diagonal Green, Nature, and Pearls.
Join in the Joy of Sets March Challenge! It’s easy and fun!
This layered card has a striking design but is very easy to make, and can be used with so many different stamps!!
And don’t worry if you don’t have green pearls embellishments– I’ll explain the easy steps to create those with this card below.
Steps to create this Triple Layer oak tree encouragement card:
1. Cut early espresso card stock.
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Fold in half.
- 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
- 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″
Cut white card stock.
- 5 1/4″ x 4″
- 4 1/4″ x 3″
- 3 1/4″ x 2″
- Layer your white card stock pieces on top of each other. You can hold them together or use a touch of removable adhesive. Stamp the leaves randomly over all 3 layers in Garden Green. Stamp the tree towards the bottom of the layers in Early Espresso.
- Adhere your stamped White layers onto their corrosponding Early Espresso layers, except for the card base.
- Wrap ribbon around your layers and adhere to the back of your largest White layer. Attach to your cardbase.
- Using Versamark, stamp the label outline and the Be Strong sentiment. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and tap off the excess. Heat until melted and punch out with the Everyday Label Punch. Adhere over the ribbon.
- Add two green pearls to your label.
TIP: If you don’t have matching green pearls, color two metallic or white adhesive pearls with your green blend markers.
I’m playing along with these challenges:
I love fun layered cards. For more fun, take a peek at these Lasting Lily Sympathy Card – Chalkboard Emboss and Color Technique.
I hope you are inspired with this fun encouragement card! What stamp set would you use with this technique? Let me know, and Happy Crafting!