How Sweet It Is Valentines Day Card!
I like to make valentine’s day cards, but I don’t gravitate towards the romantic heart-filled creations. But candy?? Yess!! When I saw this stamp set with matching dies, I knew I’d be making a sweetest thing card for valentine’s day with it!
The matching specialty papers are perfect for this suite of stamps and dies! Sure the colors are fantastic, but I think they are fun and playful prints that just remind me of a candy shop!
Indulge your sweet tooth and create this candy card with me!
Steps to make this Sweetest Thing card:
- Cut your layers.
- 8 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ from melon mambo cardstock and fold in half.
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ from coastal cabana.
- 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ from the striped designer series paper.
- Create the tag.
- Stamp the tag outline using versamark ink onto coastal cabana cardstock. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Stamp the sentiment “Sweets for you” in melon mambo in the center of the tag.
- Create the jars.
- Stamp the jars on vellum paper using versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Die cut the jars.
- Using gorgeous grape, stamp candy outlines onto white cardstock. Color in using gorgeous grape, coastal cabana, and melon mambo. Die cut jars around candies.
PRO-TIP: Stamp the jar in versamark on the white cardstock prior to stamping the candies. This ensures the placement of the candy inside the jars!
- Use liquid glue along the edge of the vellum jars to attach to the white jars.
- Attach the designer series paper to the coastal cabana. Wrap 18″ twine around this, and adhere to the melon mambo card base.
- Adhere the tag using dimensionals over the twine.
- Adhere the jars using dimensionals or adhesive.
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge
- Papercraft Challenges – Bright Colours
- Watercooler Wednesday – All About the Holidays
- Mod Squad Challenge – Use Multiple Images
This card was a lot of fun to make, and I hope you enjoyed it, too. Please let me know if you found the tutorial useful with a comment below.
Looking for a fun Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day? Check out this Lip Balm Holder!
Thanks, and Happy Crafting!!