Galentines / Valentines Day Lip Balm Holder Gift
Valentine’s Day is coming, and it’s a great time to give little gifts to your loved ones. Of course this includes you gal pals!! I can’t imagine life without my gals, so Galentine’s Day has become very important!
If you are less than enthused about candy and chocolates after over-indulging during the holidays, lip balm is a great option for your loved ones. Who doesn’t appreciate non-chapped lips?
See below for the instructions for this cute lip balm holder gift for your friends!
Steps to create a Lip Balm Holder:
- Cut a 4 3/4″ x 7″ rectangle from the Real Red cardstock. I am showing these steps using white paper to make it easier to visualize.
- Along the long side, score at 1/2″, 1 1/4″, 2″, 2 3/4:, and 5″.
- Turn your cardstock and score at 3/4″, 3 1/2″, and 4 1/4″.
- Cut out the areas that are cross-hatched. Separate the tabs at the bottom with the darkened lines, and trim the edges (for easier folding).
- Punch out a window, and pardon my handwriting!
- Fold on your score lines and glue together. I suggest starting with the top larger piece, and then roll up the bottom and glue the left side together.
- Now it’s time to decorate!! You can do this anyway that makes you happy! I like the love sentiment from the Labels to Love set and stamped it in the matching Real Red. The measurements for my DSP are:
- Top: 2 1/2″ x 1 1/4″
- Holder: 1/2″ x 6″
- Front: 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Back: 2 1/2″ x 2″
- Add a tube of lip balm and close the tabs!
I hope you loved this easy and heart-filled tutorial for a lip balm holder! If you did, I would absolutely do a little happy dance if you followed my blog 🙂 The more the merrier in this crafting community.
If you make one, I would LOVE to see how you decorate yours! Please leave a comment below!