Falala-mingo! Holiday cards don’t all need to have pine trees and wreaths!
Falala-mingo! Holiday cards are magical. Lots of beautiful winter scenes, snow, candy, red and green ornaments, and of course glitter.
I’ve created a lot of these holiday cards this season. But they can start to run together.
Want to make a card that stands out from the crowd? Maybe stands out on one foot from the crowd??
Try this falala-mingo flamingo card!
Supplies for some falala-mingo:
Easy steps to create this holiday flamingo card:
- Fold 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Cherry Cobbler cardstock in half. Adhere on 4″ x 5 1/4″ holiday designer series paper (this one from the November 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit).
- On a scrap of white cardstock, stamp the flamingo outline, and stamp the lightest color (mango melody) for the fill, and stamp the darkest (cherry cobbler) for the highlights. Fussy cut out, and adhere to the left side of the card.
- Die cut “Falala” from both the Red Glimmer Paper and from Cherry Cobbler. Adhere these together with a slight off-set. Cut a 1″ banner from cherry cobbler and write “mingo” on it. Adhere both to the card in the lower right corner.
- Adhere a 2″ strand of the gold thread to the upper right corner, leaving enough room for the bulbs. Punch 4 bulbs from the red glimmer paper, and 4 bulb threads from the copper glimmer paper, and glue them together before adhereing them over the thread using dimensionals.
I think this card is an excellent way to use the stamps you have and see how versatile they can be. I fully support creativity and sometimes trying something less than traditional can yield a great result!
With this card, I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner – Anything Christmas Goes
- The House That Stamps Built – D1218 TicTacToe (Sparkle, Red, Winter Holiday)
- Simon Says – Warm Winter Wishes
- SUO Challenges – Anything Christmas #212
Did you make any holiday cards using something not normally associated with the season? I’d love to see it! Comment below or Check out our Facebook Page and post your festive card! I can’t wait to see your cards! Happy Crafting!
Ha, so fun!! Love those sparkly lights and the fab background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
Thanks Heather! Sparkles and Lights can always go together!
I have GOT to make a card like this. You are such an inspiration! Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest
Thank you, Jana! That warms my heart!
Thanks for linking your cute Christmas card up to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over on The House that Stamps Built! So fun with the flamingos and sparkly lights!
I’m very glad you like it!! Thank you!
This is one of the most fun cards I’ve seen all season. I love your creative thought process. Thank you so much for joining us at SUO Challenges. We have a new challenge today and hope to see you. Merry Christmas!
Thank you so much, Cindy! That’s such a nice thing to say 🙂 I’ll be checking out the new challenge!