Quick Christmas Card – Made with Alcohol Inks. No Stamping Required!?
Quick Christmas Card? Yes, please!
Every cardmaker both loves and dreads the holidays. Creating cards for our loved ones is our passion, but suddenly we need…how many cards?? How do we know so many people??
Elaborate cards that use advanced techniques and tiny details are so fun to create, but when you have 30, 40, 50+ cards to mail out, you need a card that can be made in a shorter amount of time.
This holiday card is quick, and can easily be made into multiples. See the steps below on how to create this quick holiday card and for bonus tips on how to easily make multiples when you are short on time!
- Alcohol inks — You can DIY your own with this tutorial, or have the bottles shipped to your door!
- Red Cardstock, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Holiday-themed patterned paper
- Glossy Paper
- Ornament dies
- Gold ribbon
- Dimentional adhesives
- Create your red and green paper. TIP: When making multiple cards, create multiple sheets of glossy red and green with your alcohol inks. This is the bottleneck for time on this card, so if making multiples, create a bunch of sheets!
- Drip a few drops of green alcohol ink onto glossy paper, then a few drops of red around the rest of the paper.
- Tilt the paper slightly until the white is covered in festive colors, but try not to mix the two colors too much.
- For a more detailed tutorial, click to check out this post using alcohol ink, and the original DIY alcohol ink post.
- LET THIS DRY!!
- Meanwhile, fold your red cardstock in half to form your cardbase. TIP: You can get 2 cardbases from one 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock but cutting it in half the short way.
- Cut your favorite holiday-themed DSP to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere to your cardbase.
- Die cut a few ornaments from your alcohol inked paper.
- Arrange on your cardfront.
- Glue strips of ribbon onto the patterned paper to their location.
- Adhere the ornaments using dimensionals.
With this card, I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Crafting By Designs – Get Ready For Christmas Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday – Gail’s All About Holidays Challenge
How many cards do you make for the holidays? I’d love to hear the number you strive for each year, so leave a comment below! Are you already done or just getting started? Don’t worry, you have time!
I’ll be posting lots of cards right here on the blog; many quick and easy, some a bit more elaborate, but all with step-by-step instructions and tips for how to make it easy! To see more creations, be sure to follow Laura’s Craft Closet on Instagram, too!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and are feeling crafty for the holidays! Happy Crafting!!
Update: I was chosen by Crafting By Designs as the winner with this card for the “Get ready for Christmas, November edition” winner! Woot!!