Kick Butt Encouragement Card
You are doing great today. And we can all use a little extra encouragment in our lives.
I’ve found that it’s those moments where I need a little extra push, it’s most important for me to remind friends in my life how strong they are. So I sat down to make a few cards.
I was needing a bit of inspiration, but when I pulled out the Enjoy Life stamp set, I knew which stamps I wanted to include. I love this Enjoy Life set!
Here’s how to make this quick card for your favorite people who might need a little reminder that they can kick some butt today:
- Cut Poppy Parade Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Fold in half.
- Cut Watercolor Paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Lightly sprinkle Brusho crystals to make a background.
- Spritz water over the crystals and tilt the colored water over your paper until you achieve the look you want. I attempted to make mine look like a sunrise using three different colors.
- Let dry completely (super important!).
- Stamp the grasses and the person using Staz-on ink in Tuxedo Black.
- Adhere the watercolor paper to the poppy parade card base.
- Unfortunately, the sentiment isn’t as simple as stamping and cutting apart. But I’ll let you know the secret: Masking! Take a post it note, cover the words you don’t want stamped, and ink as usual. Remove the post it note, and stamp onto a Poppy Parade scrap.
- Repeat this for all three lines of the sentiment, leaving space between each line.
- Punch out using the classic label punch (or a corner rounder will achieve a similar result).
- Adhere the three lines using dimenstionals.
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Stinkin Inkers Challenges – Just Because
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – November Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers November Watercolour Challenge
- Just Keep on Creating – November Anything Goes Challenge
So easy, yet so pretty and a great reminder. I hope this quick tutorial encourges you to pick out some fun stamps and kick some butt. And maybe send a little encouragement to someone who needs to hear it.