Tri-fold Card with Bat Signal over Gotham City; Using leftovers from Paper Pumpkin September 2018
“But as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible.” – Batman
Did you get the September Paper Pumpkin kit??
I brought mine to the home of a new crafty friend, and we made lots and LOTS of treat bags for the trick-or-treaters, and then we used the extra pieces for more treat bags!
But there were still more leftover pieces! Stampin Up is very generous with their extras, and I love making bonus projects with all of them.
One of the leftovers in the kit were these perfect sized bats. These bats just SCREAMED Batman to me! So I cut the signal out of my favorite yellow cardstock and created a tri-fold card reminiscent of Gotham, perfect for Batman fan in your life. The bat signal is so iconic; I’m so happy it turned out so well!
Read ahead for how to put this card together!
Steps to create a Tri-Fold Bat Signal Card:
- Cut Black cardstock in half (4 1/4″ x 11″).
- Score at 2 1/4″ and 7 3/4″.
- Cut 2 pieces of Basic Grey cardstock. 4″ x 3″. 4″ x 2″.
- Emboss the smaller Grey with a brick brick embossing folder. Adhere to the top flap of your card.
- Stamp small builiding in black ink on the larger grey piece. I used In The City, hostess gift from the previous catalog. Adhere to the bottom flap of your card.
- Cut a stitched oval from the Pineapple Punch Cardstock. Adhere a leftover bat from the paper pumpkin kit using dimensionals.
- Apply adhesive to the top of the yellow oval, and adhere to the top flap with the bottom half hanging over the bottom flap.
Some other crafty supplies you’ll want to make more projects like this:
I’m playing along with this card in the following challenges:
- Crafty Creations Challenges – Anything Goes
- The House that Stamps Built – Anything Goes Challenge
- Addicted to Stamps and More – #315 Photo Inspiration
Do you like making extra projects with all the bonus pieces in the Stampin UP paper pumpkin kits, too? Paper Pumpkin Alternatives – Grown with Kindness Feb 2019 Succulents
Who is your favorite super hero? I’d love to know, so please let me know in the comments below! I hope you enjoyed this tri-fold bat signal card, and Happy Crafting!
What a fabulous card! Great job changing up your paper pumpkin! Thank you for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Thank you, Joy! I enjoy trying things “outside the box” with paper pumpkin 😊
Lovely work, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.
Thank you, Meena! I look forward to the next challenge!
Love your Halloween project – great creativity on this one! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
I’m so glad you like it! I couldn’t let a leftover bat not get used for a batman card lol! Thank you.
I’m so very happy you linked your adorable card up to the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!
Thank you, Esther!!