Spiderweb Shaker Card for Halloween
Spiderwebs AND shaker cards?? Yes please!
Halloween is such a fun holiday and with all of the candy, we can feel like kids again. A shaker card is perfect to go with that feeling.
And don’t you feel good after making a shaker card? I definitely do. Not just because they are fun to shake. It’s a good feeling to make something you didn’t think you could make. Shaker cards are so interactive that adults and kids enjoy them.
Let me show you what I did to make this spiderweb shaker card!
Supplies for a Spiderweb Shaker Card:
- DIY marbled paper or DSP
- Die-Cut Spiderweb
- Craft knife
- Sequins and glitter for inside of the shaker
- Glow-in-the-dark Embossing Powder
- Halloween sentiment stamp
1. Place your spiderweb over your marbled paper (4″ x 5 1/4″) and trace the outline. Cut out with your craft knife.
2. Adhere a window sheet to the back of your marbled paper to cover the hole. Stick foam adhesive strips around the hole, and add sequins and glitter. Peel off the backing for the foam strips and adhere the same size (4″ x 5 1/4″) orange cardstock over it.
3. Flip the shaker over (shake and test it of course!) and glue your spiderweb die-cut on the front of the window sheet.
4. Stamp your halloween sentiment on a scrap of black cardstock and emboss with the glow-in-the-dark embossing powder (I LOVE this stuff!), and adhere it to the front of the card.
5. Cut your black card stock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and fold in half. Glue your shaker to your black card front.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Try it on Tuesday – Trick or Treat…It’s Halloween
- Unicorn Challenge – Halloween
- Crafting By Designs – Boo Scare Me Challenge
- That’s Crafty! Challenge – Spookalicious
- City Crafter Challenge – Blog Week 434 Halloween
- Papercraft Challenges – Diecuts/Punches
I promise shaker cards are easy! If you want to check out a few of my other shaker tutorials with more pictures, click on the pictures below! There are a few ways to make shaker cards and I describe the process for these!
I hope this tutorial inspired you in your halloween card-making! For more halloween goodness, check out these tutorials below and my Instagram!
Happy Halloween Crafting!
I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Thank you so much, Kirsty! Glad you like it 😊
What a beautiful card project! I am in awe of it! So pleased you played along with us over at Try It On Tuesday! Your participation is much appreciated! Thank you very much!
(DT- Try It On Tuesday)
You’re so sweet, Susi! Thank you! TIOT had fun challenges 👏🏼😊
A fabulous shaker card design for Halloween, thank you so much for linking this to us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Thanks, Yvonne! I’ll definitely be linking up again soon!
Great card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.
WOW ! This is a gorgeous Halloween shaker card ! Love all those blended colours and the bright pumpkin background for the beautiful spiderweb die cut ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Papercraft Challenges.
Thank you! Some of my halloween cards end up very dark, and it was fun to make a bright background for this one!
Very nice indeed Laura, a great attention to detail too.
Thank you for taking part in this months challenge at
Thank you, Helen! I appreciate your kind words 💜