What should I do with all those leftover Paper Pumpkin boxes?
I write about Paper Pumpkin kits a lot. Every month a box of crafting goodies is delivered to my mailbox from Stampin Up, and these are projects that can be created and look beautiful even by people who insist they aren’t crafty!
I use each one to make the already designed projects, make alternative cards and projects “outside the box,” use up all the leftovers for more crafts, and have stamps and ink pad available for future projects.
Not much gets wasted from these kits, but what about the box? That sturdy, perfectly-sized-for-two-piles-of-A2-cards box.
I had been keeping my extra cards in a craft drawer, but when I needed a specific one, it was difficult to find. Keeping organized keeps me crafting, so I knew I needed to separate my cards by occassion. Repurposing these fantastic boxes was so easy and looks a lot cuter inside my craft closet.
Steps to Repurpose your Paper Pumpkin Boxes
- Turn the Box inside out. You can do this by carefully pulling the flaps out from all the corners, and folding each side the other way. Push the flaps into their new homes.
- Decide what cards you want in this box! For me, birthday cards are a necessity to have extras on hand, so my first box was to hold birthday cards. (The second was coffee cards because who doesn’t need a little java pick-me-up sometimes?)
- Decorate! This is a great way to use up those scraps of pretty paper. You’ll need 9″ x 6″ for the top, 2- 9″ x 1 1/2″ for the front and back, and 2- 6″ x 1 1/2 for the sides.”
- You can add a small envelope holder on the inside top of the box. This one is 6 1/2″ x 6 3/4″. Score an inch on 3 of the sides, and fold these tabs under. This’ll form a box. Fussy cut 1/2″ from the top, and adhere the tabs to the inside of the box lid.
- Decide what other categories you might need for these boxes! Thank you cards are great to have ready, as are sympathy and get well cards.
If you liked this idea for repurposing the final piece of the Paper Pumpkin boxes, I hope you follow my blog, or bookmark it to be able to check back for more ideas, inspiration, and tutorials!
If you want a little extra inspiration with your Paper Pumpkin kits, I write tutorials with alternative ideas and tips to use every last scrap. Check out these recent posts with Paper Pumpkin kits:
Paper Pumpkin August 2018 Alternatives: 15 Blissful Blooms from One Kit!, How to make 19 cards from 1 Paper Pumpkin Kit (Broadway Star June 2018), Red, White, and Blue; Independence Day Invitations as a Paper Pumpkin Alternative, Stamp a Stack from Scraps! You Are My Anchor Scraps Tutorial, Wildflower Paper Pumpkin Leftovers Card Tutorial
Want to join in on the fun? Grab a pre-paid subscription below, or click here to subscribe and get creativity delivered to YOUR door! I will be here as your creative coach to offer alternative suggestions and more ways to use your scraps!