Pop-up Nautical Lighthouse Card
I love this stamp set. And I love learning new card folds.
I definitely didn’t create this pop-up design, and it was also impossible to find the original creator. Directions can be found in other places, but I had a difficult time following them, or they weren’t for the A2 size card (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″). So I wrote out my own instructions. Well, I actually scribbled a mess into my card design notebook.
But here I’ve neatly typed them out for you!! I hope you find them easy, as this is a fun card to make, and really has a wow factor that’s perfect for whoever needs a little encouragment.
- Red Cardstock (2- 8 1/2″ x 11″):
- Cut 1 of your red cardstock in half so you have 2 tall pieces 5 1/2″ x 11.”Fold one in half for your card base.
- Cut the other to 10″ x 3 1/2.” This wil be the display that pops up.Score at each 2 1/2″ increment so you have 4 equal quadrants.
- Or just fold it in half, and then half again.
- Cut two pieces from your other red cardstock.
- 2 1/2 x 4 1/2″ to mat the lighthouse on the front.
- 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ for the mechanism to make the display pop up.Score the long ways at 1 1/4″ (midway).
- Make marks on the top AND bottom at 2 1/2″ and 6″. Score two lines to form an “X” to connect the top left with the bottom right and top right with the bottom left.
- Designer Paper:Cut 5 1/4″ x 4″ for the front. Adhere to the red card base.
- Cut 3 1/2″x 4″ for the inside top of the card. Adhere.
- White Cardstock:Cut 4 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ for the lighthouse. Stamp in pacific point (or your favorite blue to match your DSP!). Adhere to the red mat on the front.
- Cut 3 1/2″ x 4″ for the inside bottom of the card. Adhere to the inside of the red card base.
- Cut 4 – 3 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ for the pop up display. Stamp in pacific point. Adhere each onto the red pop up display.
- So now the front of the card is done, and you have the pieces cut and stamped for the inside display. Here’s the fun part:
- Adhere the left display panel to the TOP ONLY of the scored mechanism cardstock.
- Here I usually fold it all down together as if inside the card. This gives you a more accurate placement of your glue for the right panel on the BOTTOM ONLY of the scored mechanism cardstock.
- Lastly, Adhere the display mechanism with score tape to the inside of the card, making sure the midway fold matches the card fold.
I hope this was a fun tutorial! It’s a great card to make, and the pop-up definitely has that wow-factor!
I’m entering this card in these challenges:
- Countryview Challenges- Sun, Sea, and Sand
- Ikes World Challenge – All at Sea
- International Art and Soul – Marine, Ocean, or Sea
- Crazy 4 Challenges – C4C449 – Masculine
Thanks for checking out my tutorial. If you like it, please comment below and then check out my other nautical projects!
In the mood for some home decor with a reminder of the sand and sea? Check out this tutorial for a Nautical Welcome Home Sign! Need some more cards? Check out the tutorial for this stack of Anchor cards!