Tropical Chic Diagonal Fold Card Tutorial to create a piece of paradise
Hey Crafties! Ready for a fancy fold? I promise it’s easy, and you can make TWO cards at once!
This tropical paradise is so inviting and perfect for a thinking of you card. See below for the tutorial! I love this diagonal fold, as the front opens like a gate. You’ll be cutting the card base diagonally, and so it seemed resourceful to create the second card while making the first one.
Instructions (for 2 cards):
- From 1 sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ Granny Apple Green cardstock
- Score at 5 1/2″ on the long side.
- Score at 4 1/4″ on the short side.
- Scoring first shows you the lines to make it easier to cut diagonally across the whole sheet of cardstock if your paper trimmer is only 12″ like mine.
- Cut diagonally from one corner across to the other.
- Fold each card front over. As you can see, I tried both ways…maybe for a left-handed recipient!
- From 1/2 sheet of Blushing Bride cardstock
- Cut into 2 4″ x 5 1/4″ pieces.
- Cut both pieces diagonally.
- Adhere onto the front of your Granny Apple Green cards.
- With 2 different patterns of Designer Series Paper
- Cut each into 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Cut diagonally. Ensure your pattern is facing the right way for the direction of your fold!
- Create the Frond Squares
- Cut 3″ x 6″ Granny Apple Green cardstock and cut out 2 Frond squares using the die.
- Cut 3″ x 6″ Shaded Spruce cardstock and cut into 2 3″ x 3″ squares.
- Adhere the frond dies onto a square using liquid glue.
- Adhere the finished square to the top half of the card.
- Stamp your sentiment and a few flowers and fronds to decorate the bottom corner and inside of the card.
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
I hope you like this card! I really enjoyed creating this tropical paradise. What does your paradise look like? I’d love to know! Happy Crafting!