Window Wedding Card — From Basic to Extra!
Hey Crafties!! How about a quick wedding card today? Some pastels and some delicate vellum pair nicely with an embossed wedding dress. But the window takes the card from basic to extra.
- Cut your cardstock.
- Pink 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ for cardbase. Scrap (1″ x 3/4″) for sentiment on front
- Very Vanilla 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside, 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ for the window frame
- Vellum 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the front
- Fold your 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ pink cardstock in half.
- On the inside Vanilla piece, stamp the wedding dress with versamark and sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat until it melts.
- Using blushing bride ink, stamp the inside sentiment below the dress.
- On the small pink scrap, stamp “congratulations” with versamark ink and sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat until it melts.
- To create the window:
- Place (but don’t adhere yet) your vellum AND the small vanilla piece towards the top top of the pink front (card open!). Using the 2nd largest Stitched Shapes Framelits, run these 3 layers through your machine to cut the windows.
- Take the small vanilla piece again and run it through your machine again with the largest Stitched Shapes Framelits. This creates the frame for the window.
- Dry emboss your vellum.
- Adhere the ribbon around the front of the vellum.
- Adhere your Congratulations sentiment on top of the ribbon.
- Adhere your pieces!
- Adhere the vanilla piece with the dress to the inside.
- Adhere the embossed vellum to the front using glue dots. Be careful to line up the windows.
- Adhere the vanilla window frame over the vellum.
This week I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges – Use an Embossing Folder
- Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges – Stitched Dies
- Watercooler Challenges – Anything Goes, Feminine
I hope this tutorial was helpful! If you are looking for other wedding card ideas, check out this colorful creation! Happy Crafting!